- It is estimated that about one person in ten is dyslexic.
- dyslexia can be caused by inherited factors, and/or hearing problems at an early age.
- is often accompanied by left-handedness somewhere in the family
- the brains of dyslexic children show an unusual variation in left- and right-side activity (Source: http://www.dyslexia-parent.com/mag24.html)
- more males than females are affected (Source: http://www.dyslexic.org.uk/aboutdyslexia.htm)
FREE DYSLEXIA PRE-TEST
If you answer 'Yes' to five or more of these questions, then you may be dyslexic, and our Dyslexia Test for Adults will give you a clear assessment:
- When writing checks/cheques, do you frequently find yourself making mistakes?
- When using the telephone, do you tend to get the numbers mixed up when you dial?
- Is your spelling poor?
- Do you mix up dates and times and miss appointments?
- Do you find forms difficult and confusing?
- Do you find it difficult to take messages on the telephone and pass them on correctly?
- Do you mix up bus numbers like 95 and 59?
- Do you find it difficult to say the months of the year forward in a fluent manner?
- Did you find it hard to learn your multiplication tables at school?
- Do you take longer than you should to read a page of a book?
- Do you find difficulty in telling left from right?
- When you have to say a long word, do you sometimes find it difficult to get all the sounds in the right order?