1. Apparently Colin Powell doesn't care for (my mom told me never to say "hates" and to use "doesn't care for" instead) George W. Bush. Maybe this is old news, but I had no idea. My inside source is an officer in the U.S. Army. And Army officers know everything about Colin Powell and his friends.
2. Glasgow, a city in the west of Scotland, when pronounced correctly, rhymes with "BINGO"
3. Scottish people make fun of Americans who mispronounce "Glasgow"
4. There is a market for sheep showers. See: http://www.andertongroup.com/Monsoon/monsoon2.htm
5. "This is Peter Knowlson" sounds like "this is Peter Thompson", especially when he has an English accent
6. If you work at Black and White Publishing you are entitled to a free copy of every title. Guess who's giving books as Christmas persents???
7. "Sewer Rat" is actually a corruption of the German term "Sauer Rotte" a Bavarian dish made with cabbage.
8. "For all in tents and porpoises" is a kinda funny way of saying "for all intents and purposes"