I worked at Barneys New York in Beverly Hills part-time from February 2002 to August 2003. Here's what I learned:
1. Never button the bottom button on a suit coat.
2. Plastic surgery makes your face look plastic.
3. Money doesn't buy class, manners, good taste or common sense. (Thanks to Kevin who added 'common sense'.)
4. People who have been waited on all their lives will lose their grown son in the store and expect me to know where he is.
5. Shannen Doherty doesn't answer to 'Brenda'
6. Self-importance is a four-letter word.
7. Behind every well dressed actor there are 17 exhausted assistants.
8. If it's torn, dirty, or missing, blame it on the Studio Department.
9. The only way to sell a $3000 white linen Armani suit is to tell people it comes with a speedboat.
10. Men who've known for three months that they're going to the Oscars will wait until the Tuesday before to buy a tuxedo, that needs extensive altering.